You’ve just taken your Canadian Firearms Safety Course, and you’ve joined Canada’s Gun Club, aka the Silvercore Gun Club. So now you’re educated and prepared to go the range, but where do you go?
There are several ranges across the lower mainland and to save you a Google search we’ve listed all of the drop-in ranges you can go to below! Now we realize your location may influence where you’ll want to go, and that’s fair. However, we recommend checking out all of the ranges in the Lower Mainland as they are all unique in their merit.
Pro Tip: We mentioned it above, but it is important to note again. By joining our gun club, you will meet the Canadian Firearms Programs (CFP) issuance requirements to obtain a Long Term Authorization to Transport (ATT). With your valid ATT you will comply with the CFP’s requirements for restricted firearms purchase, possession and transport, which you will need to take your firearms with you to the range.
Not a member yet? Join here!
The Range Langley
9938 201 St #2
Langley, BC V1M 3E9
- The Range Langley has Rentals for Handguns, Shotguns, Rifles & BMG Sniper Rifles and also has ammunition, targets, earplugs, and hats available for purchase
- Admission 1st Hour: $35/Adult -Reserve 24hrs ahead for $5.00 Discount | $30/ Senior/ Youth/ LE/Military -Reserve 24hrs ahead for $5.00 Discount | $15.00 / Police in uniform or on duty
- Admission 2nd Hour: $15
Silvercore Tip- Bigger is Better: This is Canada’s largest range and it is our top pick for a private indoor range.
DVC Ventures/Vancouver Gun Range
1655 Broadway St #201
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2M7
- DVC has Rentals for Handguns, Revolvers, Shotguns, and Rifles and also has ammunition and targets available for purchase
- Drop-ins are permitted at this range, within certain hours, please check the website for details
- Daily Admission: General Public: $30 | Law Enforcement and Military $20.00
- Must be 19 years or older unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian & must bring a valid government-issued ID
Silvercore Tip- The Winter Months: During the winter months this range is fully heated!
Semiahmoo Fish & Game Club
1284 184 St
Surrey, BC V3S 9R9
- Drop-ins are permitted at this range. However, it is limited to specific days which are for ‘Wednesday Handgun Night’ or ‘Tuesday .22LR Rifle Night’
- Admission for Handgun Night: $5.00 for Club Member | $10.00 Non-Club Member
- Admission for .22LR Rifle Night: $5.00 for Junior Club Member | $10.00 Adult Club Member | $15.00 Non-Member
Silvercore Tip- Plan Ahead: The beauty of this range is that it is quaint and secluded, so make sure you call ahead before heading down.
The Vancouver Gun Club
7340 Sidaway Rd, Richmond
BC V6W 1B8
- The range includes different venues such as Trap, Skeet, Int’l Trap (Bunker). 5-Stand & Sporting Clays
- Fees: Non-Members Day Pass $20.00
- There are fees associated depending on the venue used, and please check their website for in-depth details
Silvercore Tip- Sporting Clays for Beginners and the Experienced: Located in Richmond, this is a great range with a full line of shotgun sporting events!
Port Coquitlam & District Hunting & Fishing Club (PCDHFC)
5000 Harper Rd
Coquitlam, BC V3E 3H1
- Includes a 200 Metre Rifle Range for Handgun, Rifle, and Shotgun shooters. Target stands are provided. Also features 3D target archery, holds black powder shooting events, IPSC, PPC, Smallbore events, and Trap and Skeet
- PCDHFC allows drop-in’s during certain days/hours, admission fees will depend on the event, please check their website for further details
Silvercore Tip- When to Arrive: Arguably BC’s club with the largest membership, so go early as it will get busy.
Thompson Mountain Sportsman Association
21791 Ladner Road
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 1Z1
- Admission: Day card rates are $35 per person | $5 for Children 16 and under | $25 for law enforcement and serving the military – must present valid I.D.
- PAL/POL, registration for restricted and prohibited firearms and valid ID must be presented for liability reasons
Silvercore Tip – Getting There: Pass through the Golden Eagle Golf Course and up a short, but steep hill. The range may close when the weather starts to get cold and the roads get icy.
Please note that any and all fees listed for the ranges below are subject to change and you should always followup with the range directly or check their website for up to date information.
For a complete list of ranges, gun clubs, retailers, and more throughout Canada please visit: https://directory.firearmscanada.com/
For other informational posts such as where to go shooting, or no shoot zones, hunting seasons, tips for choosing your first scope and more, visit Silvercore.ca
Leave a Reply